Canon® Rebel T2i review, 10.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating
The Canon Rebel T2i is an entry-level DSLR that was released in early 2010. It has since been replaced by the Canon T3i, but you can still get the Rebel T2i for a good price today. The Rebel T2i is a great first DSLR if you’re in the market. We’re going to take a look at some of the things you’ll be interested in when considering buying the Rebel T2i.
Canon Rebel T2i advantages
The Rebel T2i is chock full of features, but these are a few of the highlights.
- Video: If you’re interested in video and photography then you’ll be happy with the Rebel T2i. You can shoot video in full high definition at 1080p. The video goodness doesn’t end there. You can also change the definition and frames per second speed depending on your needs. There’s also a microphone jack if you want to gather high-quality audio when you’re shooting video.
- Price: As we mentioned before, the T2i isn’t the latest model. Usually that would be a problem, but when it comes to price that’s actually a good thing. You can get the Canon Rebel T2i for a steal as a result.
- Advanced metering: The Rebel T2i borrows the metering system from the Canon 7D, which is a nice feature to have. The system uses 63 zones for metering, which will give you an accurate reading of the light.
Canon Rebel T2i disadvantages
There are some not-so-great characteristics that go along with the Rebel T2i as well.
- Fixed screen: The Rebel T2i has a fixed screen, which isn’t ideal for some shooting situations. The screen is great, but it would be better for shooting video and other shots if you could move and rotate it to your liking. It isn’t a huge issue, but it’s a feature that is available on other models and would be nice to have here.
- Slow shooting: If you’re going to be shooting multiple frames quickly, then you might not be satisfied with the Rebel T2i. The camera can only shoot 3.7 frames per second, which is relatively slow compared to other cameras. If you don’t need this feature then it won’t be noticeable, but action photographers should take note.
The T2i is a great DSLR, especially if you’re just getting into this category or you’re looking for a cheap option that has good features. In particular, the video and advanced metering system are great features to have. If you’re looking for your first DSLR then the Canon Rebel T2i is an excellent choice.