gGadget > Canon® EOS Rebel T3i Tips: Taking Video Snapshots
The Canon EOS Rebel T3i is one of the best DLSRs to shoot videos with, thanks to both its Movie Digital Zoom feature and its Video Snapshots feature. The T3i’s Movie Digital Zoom feature allows users to zoom in 3 to 10 times closer as they shoot HD videos. And the Video Snapshots feature enables users to record short video clips and compile those video clips into a video snapshot photo album. If you’re a new Canon Rebel T3i owner, you may be wondering exactly how the Video Snapshots feature works and how you can use it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to recording your own video snapshots and creating a video snapshots album:
1. Set the T3i’s dial to video capture mode. You do this by turning the T3i’s dial so that the camcorder icon lines up with the white line on the left side of the dial.
2. Press the Menu button on your camera, and use your camera’s arrow buttons to scroll to the second tab at the top of the screen.
3. Select “Video snapshot” from the available list of options. You will then be prompted with a list of options that include “2 sec. movie,” “4 sec. movie,” and “8 sec. movie.”
4. Use the arrow buttons on your camera to highlight your preferred duration for your video snapshot (2, 4, or 8 seconds). Press your camera’s Select button, and then press your camera’s Menu button to return to video shooting mode.
5. When you are ready to record your video snapshot, press the button with a small camera icon on it on the back of your camera. This button should be at the top right of the back of your camera. Once you have pressed this button, your video snapshot will begin recording for the duration you previously selected.
6. Once your video is finished recording, you’ll be prompted with a toolbar that gives you the options to save the video as an album, play the video, or not save the video as an album. If you wish to start a video snapshot album with the video you just recorded, select the “Save as album” option. You can add as many video snapshots as you like to the album you create. So, start recording and enjoy!
If you want to learn more about what you can do on your T3i, you should check out our Canon Rebel T3i Tips: Using Creative Filters post.